The citizens of Bhutan who plan to travel to Kenya for tourism purposes are not required to pay a visit to the nearest Kenyan embassy to apply for a consular visa. Instead, as a Bhutanese national, you are eligible for an electronic visa and you can get one online. iVisa can help you acquire it in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bhutan – the requirements
Before you start the application process, you need to check if you meet the requirements. However, the list is relatively short, and chances are that you already have everything on it. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa online unless you are a passport holder. Furthermore, the passport needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will have to upload it at some point during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is taken as recently as possible.
- A return flight ticket – this just ensures the immigration officers that you plan to not overstay your visa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – this does not have to include every little activity you will do while in Kenya. Just the cities you plan to visit.
- E-mail address – the Kenya visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, and you need to print it out.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bhutan – the online application form
The next thing you have to do is to fill in the application form. That should not come off as complicated, but if you need assistance, you can reach iVisa’s customer support service via online chat or phone. The service is open 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form created by iVisa is broken down into three steps. The first one focuses on general information and processing time. As for the latter, keep in mind that you are given a choice, and the option you select determines the timeframe in which your Kenya visa is ready, as well as its cost. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand, but most people go for it because it is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and the cost is $88.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 2 days since you submit your application. You are charged $118 for this option.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can choose, but the most expensive as well. Your request is processed within just 2 hours, but the price goes as high as $153.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you complete all three steps, you can submit your form, and iVisa will send you your travel document in the timeframe you agreed on.
The bottom line is that obtaining a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bhutan is incredibly convenient when you apply with iVisa. The document in question is valid for 90 days since issue and it grants a single entry. You are also allowed to stay in Kenya for no more than 3 months. You can request an extension, though.