Brazilian citizens who plan to travel to Kenya for their vacation don't need to worry about going to a Kenyan embassy anymore. With your Brazilian passport, you have access to an electronic visa.
This means that you can apply online for a Kenya visa, and iVisa can help you with the application process.
We prepared this article for you with some FAQs that can be helpful.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Brazil, do I need a visa to travel to Kenya?
Yes, if you're from Brazil, you need a visa to enter. However, you can simply apply for an online visa, without having to go to an Embassy.
What is a Kenyan e-Visa for Brazilian citizens?
The Kenyan e-Visa is an electronic visa that offers you the permission to enter the country just like a consular visa, but with an automated system.
How long can Brazilian Citizens stay in Kenya with an e-Visa?
If you have a Brazilian passport, you can stay in Kenya for 90 days in Total
What are the requirements?
As you can imagine, the online application process is not as demanding as the one you have to do when going to the embassy. Nevertheless, you still need to get some documents and information. Here is what you must provide:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya e-Visa unless you are a passport holder. Furthermore, the passport needs to keep its validity for at least another 6 months, counting from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will need to upload it during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is recent.
- A return flight ticket – this is a document to show at the immigration checkpoint. This way, you prove that you don't want to overstay in the country.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – It doesn't have to include every little activity you will do in Kenya. But it should have the cities you plan to visit at least.
- E-mail address – the Kenya e-Visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, and you have to print it out.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit/debit card or even PayPal.
How long is this e-Visa valid for?
If you're from Brazil, your Kenyan e-Visa expires 90 days after issued.
What are the processing times and fees when applying for this e-Visa?
The total price will depend on how soon you want the electronic visa. iVisa provides you three options, so keep in consideration that the option you select dictates the cost of your Kenya visa. You can go for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the longest processing time you have, but also the cheapest. You receive your Kenyan e-Visa within 6 Business Days, but you only have to pay USD 93.00.
- Rush processing – things move faster if you choose this alternative. Your application is ready in 4 Business Days, but you will pay USD 123.00.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option iVisa offers, but also the fastest. Your travel document is ready within just 2 Business Days, but the total price is USD 158.00.
How much time do I need to apply?
You'll need at least 20 minutes to fill in the application form, which is quite easy to understand.
How can I apply?
If you're sure that you fulfill all the requirements, then you are free to continue with the process and fill in the application form. But before you do that, bear in mind that iVisa’s customer support service is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge in case you need some help.
iVisa’s application form has three parts:
The first one covers the basic initial information, like passport number, and travel details. You must also choose a processing time for your application.
The second part will ask you to cover the payment and review your information to make sure that there are no mistakes.
The third part will ask you to upload extra documents that can support your application. As soon as you are done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the other part.
As you can see, getting a Kenya Visa does not imply much effort. iVisa is by your side every step of the way.
What should I do once I complete the application form?
Once you complete the Kenyan e-Visa application form, you'll get your e-Visa through an e-mail depending on the processing time you selected. And as you realize, you don't have to deal with any embassy. In iVisa, we deal with the rest of the bureaucracy.
How many entries does the Kenyan e-Visa allow to Brazilian citizens?
If you're from Brazil, you're able to get Single Entry. This means that you can enter the country only once.
I'm traveling with my children, can they enter with my e-Visa?
That's not possible. In Kenya, every Brazilian citizen is obligated to pay the visa fee and process and electronic visa separately, regardless of the age of the traveler.
Are there any vaccinations required to visit Kenya?
Yes, there are. You can check more about the vaccination requirements in this link: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/kenya.
Can I apply for my family or friends if they're from Brazil like me?
Yes, that's possible, but always considering that they must be from Brazil too or at least from a country that has this e-Visa available. If that's the case, then you can proceed to collect their documents to begin the application form.
Also, keep in mind that if you want to apply for only one friend or family member, you simply click here and fill in their personal information. If you need to apply for more than one person, then you can do it by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ on the application page.
How does this e-Visa look like?
Where can I read more about Kenya and its e-Visas?
Click here if you want to apply for your Kenya Electronic Visa. As you might have seen, iVisa simplifies the process to receive your e-Visa, and it also comes with a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating from more than 19,000 reviewers on Trustpilot. Contact us today and relax about your trip!