According to Kenya’s visa policy, the citizens of Burkina Faso are not required to get a consular visa before their trip to Kenya. Instead, you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for your Kenya visa online. Using iVisa’s services, you can have the travel document in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Burkina Faso – requirements
Before you start the online application process, you need to make sure that you have all that is necessary. However, you should not experience any difficulties in putting it all together. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa online unless you are a passport holder. Furthermore, the passport needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the arrival date in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – you will have to upload it at some point during the application process.
- A digital photo of yourself – you need to make sure that the picture is taken as recently as possible.
- A return flight ticket – this just ensures the immigration officers that you plan to not overstay your visa.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking or an invitation letter from your host in Kenya.
- Travel itinerary – this does not have to include every little activity you will do while in Kenya. Just the cities you plan to visit.
- E-mail address – the Kenya visa arrives via e-mail in PDF format, and you need to print it out.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. You can use a credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Burkina Faso – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will shortly describe the application form so that you know what to expect. But first, bear in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and is entirely free of charge should you need some assistance.
The application form is broken down into three simple steps. The first one asks for your personal information such as country of origin, name, address, date of birth, etc. Passport info and travel details are required as well. Moreover, you need to select a processing time for your application so that the cost of your Kenya visa can be established. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand, but most people go for it because it is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and the cost is $88.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 2 days since you submit your application. You are charged $118 for this option.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can choose, but the most expensive as well. Your request is processed within just 2 hours, but the price goes as high as $153.
The second step consists of payment and revision. As for the review, make sure that all the information you provide is accurate, and there are no typos. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid. Lastly, the third step wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa will deal with the rest.
The bottom line is that the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Burkina Faso is as simple as it can possibly be. The e-visa is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants just one entry, and it allows you to stay in Kenya for a period that cannot exceed 90 days.