As stated by Kenya’s visa policy, the citizens of Chad are eligible for an electronic visa if they travel to Kenya for tourism purposes. That means you do not have to go to an embassy to get your travel document. Instead, you can apply for a Kenya visa online, and with iVisa, it can be yours in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Chad – requirements
The first thing you need to concern yourself with is to meet the requirements. However, the list is not very long, and chances are that you already have some of the things necessary. You will need the following documents and information:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Chad – the online application form
As soon as you gather all of the above, you are ready to fill in the application form. However, you should know that in case you need some help along the way, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
The form has three steps. The first one asks you to provide your personal information, as well as passport info and travel details. You also have to choose a processing time option for your application, which determines the cost of your Kenya visa as well as the timeframe in which your application is processed. Here are your choices:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
The second step wants you to make the payment, but you also have to review your form to be sure that it does not contain any mistakes. The third and last step requires you to upload the documents that support your application. After you are done, you can submit your form and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Chad implies little effort on your part. The document you get is valid for 90 days since issuance, you can use it for a single entry. Once you arrive in Kenya, you can stay there for no more than 90 days.