As a citizen of Chile, when you travel to Kenya for tourism purposes, you do not have to obtain a consular visa. You can avoid an embassy entirely. Instead, you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. If you use the services provided by iVisa, the travel document can be ready in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Chile – requirements
You will be pleased to find out that the Kenya visa is not as demanding as one may expect. In fact, you need a few things, and they are usually easy to acquire. What is necessary for the application process is as follows:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Chile – the online application form
After you put together all of the above, you can go ahead and access the application page to fill in the form. You should not spend more than 20 minutes completing it, but in case you need some assistance, iVisa’s customer support can be reached via online chat or phone. The service is open 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you have to fill in consists of three steps. The first one covers personal information and processing time. As for the latter, you are given multiple choices, and each of them comes with its own fee. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
The second step wants you to handle the payment, but you also have to review your form to make sure it does not contain mistakes. Otherwise, your visa can become invalid. The third and last step requires you to upload the documents that iVisa deems necessary to support your application. After you do that as well, you can submit your form and the visa will arrive in the agreed timeframe.
The bottom line is that the online process of acquiring a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Chile is incredibly convenient with iVisa. The document you receive in your e-mail inbox is valid for 90 days since the date of issue. You are granted a single entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.