Colombian citizens who travel to Kenya for tourism purposes are no longer required to get a consular visa. As a Colombian, you qualify for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process, and the travel document you need can be yours in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Colombia – requirements
One of the first things on your mind should be concerning the requirements. However, you do not have to go through too much trouble to fulfill them because they are easy to put your hands on. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Colombia – the online application form
As soon as you think you are ready, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should not find it challenging, but in the unlikely case that you need some help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
iVisa’s form is divided into three steps. The first one wants your personal information, some details concerning your trip, and passport info. You also have to select a processing time for your application. Just bear in mind that your decision determines the cost of your Kenya visa. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
When you get to the second step, you have to handle the payment, but you also have to carefully go over your form to make sure it does not include any errors. If it does and you do not correct them, your visa will be invalid.
The third step focuses on supporting documents. iVisa will give you instructions on how to upload them. As soon as you are done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will deliver the document in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Colombia. The document has a period of validity of 90 days since issue, it allows a single entry. Once you get to Kenya, you can stay there for no more than 90 days.