Colombian citizens who travel to Kenya for tourism purposes are no longer required to get a consular visa. As a Colombian, you qualify for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process, and the travel document you need can be yours in as little as 2 Business Days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Colombia, do I need a visa to enter Kenya?
What is a Kenyan eVisa?
The Kenyan eVisa is one type of visa that allows you to enter the country just like a regular one, but with an electronic system, which is a lot easier to get.
How long can Colombian citizens stay in Kenya with an eVisa?
With your passport from Colombia, you can stay in Kenya for 90 days in Total.
What are the requirements to obtain the Kenya eVisa?
One of the first things on your mind should be concerning the requirements. However, you do not have to go through too much trouble to fulfill them because they are easy to put your hands on. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal too.
What are the processing times and also fees to get this visa?
You are given three options:
- Standard processing – this is the slowest option you have at hand, but most people go for it because it is also the cheapest. Your application is processed within 6 Business Days, and the cost is USD 93.00.
- Rush processing – this time, things move a little bit faster. You receive your Kenya Visa within 4 Business Days since you submit your application. You are charged USD 123.00 for this option.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can choose, but the most expensive as well. Your request is processed within just 2 Business Days, but the price goes as high as USD 158.00.
How much time do I need to apply with iVisa?
You will only need 10 minutes or less to complete the whole process online.
How can Colombian citizens apply for this eVisa?
The next step in the application process would be for you to fill in an application form. The task you have at hand is not at all complicated, but if you are having trouble, you can always contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open non-stop, and it is free of charge.
iVisa’s form is split into three steps for your convenience:
The first one requires you to fill in the blanks with general information about yourself and the trip you want to take to Kenya. But you also have to select a processing time for your application. Your choice not only determines the timeframe in which your Kenya visa is ready but also its cost.
Reaching step number two, you have to handle the payment and review your form. It is essential that the information you provide is 100 % accurate. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid, and you have to apply for a new one.
Finally, the last step will ask you to provide iVisa with the necessary documents that support your application. You have to upload them. When you are finished, click the submit button and iVisa will take care of the rest.
What should I do once I finish the application for my Kenya eVisa?
After you finish all the application process, you'll get your Kenyan e-Visa on an e-mail according to the processing time you preferred. And as you might realize, you don't need to deal with an embassy. In iVisa, we deal with the rest of the process.
How many entries does the Kenyan eVisa allow?
As a Colombian citizen, you will able to have Single Entry.
I'm traveling with my children, can they enter with my eVisa?
No, that's not possible. In Kenya, every person who is from a country that requires a visa is obligated to pay the visa fee and process and electronic visa separately.
Are there any vaccinations required to visit Kenya?
You can check if you actually need it by clicking here.
Can I apply for my family or friends?
Yes, you can actually apply for them, but always considering that they must be from a country that has this visa available to enter Kenya. If that's the case, all you need is their documents to begin the application form.
Also keep in mind that if you want to apply for only one friend or family member, you simply apply here filling in their personal information. If you have to apply for more than one person, then you can do it by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’ in the application form.
Is it safe to use iVisa if I want to apply for a Kenyan eVisa?
Yes, we can guarantee that it is. We always work to offer you maximum safety for your personal data, and we also invest a lot in security for our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here, proving that we've made sure to offer you just the best.