In July 2015, the government of Kenya adopted the electronic visa system, and most nationalities have access to it. The citizens of Congo make no exception. As a Congolese, you qualify for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. With iVisa, the travel document can be yours in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Congo – requirements
One of the first things you need to handle is the requirements. You have to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. Below, you will find a list of what you need:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Congo – the online application form
Now that you are aware of what you need, we will provide a short description of the application form so that you know what to expect. However, before you do that, you should know that in case you need some help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support 24/7. The service does not charge.
The application form created by iVisa consists of three steps. During the first one, you need to provide your personal information, but you also have to select a processing time for your application. The cost of your Kenya visa depends on the choice you make, and iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your [Kenya visa] is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
Reaching step number two, this is the moment when you must take care of the payment and review your form to make sure that it does not contain mistakes. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid visa. Lastly, step number three requires that you upload the documents that support your application. When you are done with that as well, you can submit your form and iVisa will take care of what follows.
The bottom line is that getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Congo does not imply much effort. The document you are sent keeps its validity for 90 days since issue, you can travel to Kenya only once and you can stay there for up to 90 days.