As a Costa Rican, you are not required to go to the nearest Kenyan embassy to get a visa when you wish to take a trip there. Instead, you are eligible for an electronic visa. iVisa ca help you apply for a Kenya visa online so that you can obtain it in as little as 2 hours. All you have to do is follows a few steps.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – requirements
First of all, you need to make sure that you can put together everything necessary for the online application process. Fortunately, that should not prove difficult for you. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Costa Rica – the online application form
As soon as you have all of the above, you can move on and fill in the application form. It should prove to be an easy task, but if you need some help, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you are required to go through is divided into three parts. The first one asks that you provide your personal information, passport info, and a few details regarding your trip. You are also expected to select a processing time for your application. Not only that will determine the amount of time you need to wait for you Kenya visa, but its cost too. You have three choices:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your [Kenya visa] is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
The second part asks that you take care of the payment and review your form. The review is important because even a single mistake can invalidate your visa, in which case you have to repeat the process for a new one.
The last part is when iVisa requires that you upload the documents that support your application. Once you are done, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you need to understand is that the citizens of Costa Rica should not have a hard time applying for a Kenya visa. You have 90 days since issue to use the e-visa. It grants you a single entry and you can stay in Kenya for no more than 90 days.