The citizens of Cuba, same as most nationalities, are eligible for an electronic visa when traveling to Kenya. As a Cuban citizen, instead of going to the embassy to get a consular visa, you can apply online for a Kenya e-visa. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you can get your travel document in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Cuba – requirements
Before you start the application process, you need to put together a set of documents and information. However, you should not have any issues in the process. You will need the following:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Cuba – the online application form
As soon as you notice that you meet all the requirements, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. You should spend about 20 minutes on this task, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support is available non-stop and free of charge.
You will see that the form created by iVisa has three steps. The first one covers the basics. You need to provide your personal information, but you are also expected to choose a processing time for your application. Just remember that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on the choice you make. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
The second step wants you to handle the payment and review your form. It is crucial that the information you provide is 100% accurate. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid and you have to apply for a new one.
Lastly, the third step requires you to provide iVisa with some documents that support your application. You are asked to upload them. When you are finished, you can hit the submit button, and iVisa will deliver your travel document in the timeframe of your choosing.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Cuba. You have at your disposal 90 days to use the e-visa, and you can only enter Kenya once. You are allowed to stay there for up to 90 days.