As of July 2015, Estonian citizens have the possibility to apply for a Kenya visa online. That is because as an Estonian, you qualify for an electronic visa. iVisa can provide a short and straightforward application process so that you can receive your travel document in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Estonia – requirements
Before you do anything else, you need to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for a successful application process. However, that should not be a challenge for you. Below, you will find a list of what you need:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Estonia – the online application form
Since you know what you need, it is only natural to find out what to expect when you fill in the application form. Rest assured that you should not experience any difficulties in completing this task, but if you need some help or have questions regarding the process, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. It is available for you 24/7 and free of charge.
The form iVisa created is broken down into three steps. During the first one, you need to provide your personal information, a few details about your trip to Kenya, as well as passport info. But you also have to pick a processing time option for your application. The cost of your Kenya visa depends on the decision you make. As to that, iVisa came up with three choices:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
When you get to the second step, all that you have to do is to take care of the payment and review your form. As for the revision, it is imperative to correct any mistakes you may find because otherwise, your visa will be invalid and you need to get a new one.
Lastly, step number three requires you to upload some documents. We are referring to your application’s supporting documentation. When all the steps are complete, you can submit your request, and iVisa will take things further.
What you need to understand is that the online process of obtaining a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Estonia is far more convenient than going to an embassy. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since the date of issue, and you can use it to travel to Kenya only once. You are granted a stay of a maximum of 90 days.