Same as most nationalities, the citizens of France are not required to visit a Kenyan embassy in order to obtain a visa. That is because as a French national, you qualify for an electronic visa. You can apply for a Kenya visa online using the services rendered by iVisa, and as a result, the travel document is ready to use in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of France – the requirements
The requirements for a Kenya visa for French citizens are the same as for everyone else who qualifies for the e-visa. The list, however, is not very long, and you should have an easy time acquiring everything on it. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of France – the online application form
After you manage to gather all of the above, there is one more thing left for you to do, and that is to fill in the application form. Remember that if you experience any difficulties in the process, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open non-stop and entirely free of charge.
The form at hand consists of three steps. You need to complete them all. The first one requires you to provide general information and to select a processing time for your application. As for the latter, keep in mind that the choice you make affects the cost of your Kenya visa. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
Moving on to step number two, this is the moment when you have to handle the payment and review your form to make sure that you do not submit any incorrect information. And finally, the third step requires you to upload a few documents. After you finish doing that as well, you can submit your application, and iVisa will take care of all the rest.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of France is a piece of cake. iVisa does most of the heavy lifting for you. The Kenya e-visa maintains its validity for a period of 90 days since issue, and it grants a 3-month stay in Kenya. You are allowed to make the trip just once.