As a citizen of Gabon, if you plan to spend your vacation in Kenya doing some safari, you should know that you do not have to go to the nearest Kenyan embassy to obtain a visa. Instead, since you are eligible for an electronic visa, you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa offers its services so that you can have your travel document in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Gabon – requirements
Obviously, the online application process is less challenging than the one you must go through at the embassy. Even so, you still need to put together some documents and information that are required for the process. They are as follows:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Gabon – the online application form
Once you have everything you need, you can move on and access the application page to fill in the form. You should spend about 20 minutes completing this task, but if you need assistance or have questions about the process, you are free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is open 24/7 and free of charge.
What you should know from the start is that iVisa’s form consists of three steps. The first one is pretty basic. You need to provide your personal information, but you are also expected to select a processing time for your application. That determines the cost of your Kenya visa. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third requires you to upload some documents that support your application. After you do that, you can submit your form and iVisa will deliver your travel document in the agreed timeframe.
As you can see, the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Gabon is not difficult whatsoever. The Kenya e-visa has a validity period of 90 days since issue and you can use it for a single entry. After you arrive in Kenya, you are allowed to stay there for up to 3 months.