Same as most nationalities in the world, the citizens of Guyana are no longer required to go to the nearest Kenyan embassy to get a visa when planning a trip to Kenya. Instead, you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply online for it. iVisa can help you get it in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Guyana – requirements
As you can imagine, the online application process is less stressful and time-consuming than the one you find at the embassy. However, you still need to make sure that you meet a few requirements. Here is what you are required to have at the moment of your application:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Guyana – the online application form
After the requirements are met, you can move on and access the application page to fill in the form. The task should take about 20 minutes to complete, but keep in mind that if you need any help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
iVisa created a simple, 3-step application form. During the first step, all you have to do is provide general information and choose a processing time for your application. As for processing, you are given three options, each of them with its own fee. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step consists of payment and review. You need to be extremely careful when you provide your information because even a simple mistake as a typo can invalidate your Kenya visa, in which case you need to apply for a new one.
Lastly, the third step is the moment when you are required to upload some documents. After you are done, you can submit your application and iVisa will take care of the rest. But your job ends here.
As you can see, the citizens of Guyana should have an easy time applying for a Kenya visa. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 3 months since the date of issue, you are granted a single entry and you are allowed to stay in Kenya for no more than 90 days.