As a Haitian, if you plan to spend your vacation in Kenya, you should know that you qualify for an electronic visa. You do not have to go to an embassy to get your travel document, but you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa facilitates the application process and as a result, the e-visa can be yours in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Haiti – requirements
Obviously, the online application process is less demanding than you going to an embassy. However, some requirements must be met. Even so, the list is relatively short and chances are you already have some of the items on it. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Haiti – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, we will shortly describe the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But first of all, you should know that iVisa’s customer support can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7 and it is entirely free of charge.
The 3-step application process should take you about 20 minutes to complete. The first step asks for your personal information, some details about your trip, but you also have to choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on what you select. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step asks that you take care of the payment and review your form so that the information within is 100% accurate, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button and iVisa will take care of the rest.
What you need to understand from all this is that the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Haiti is not demanding at all. The Kenya e-visa remains valid for 90 days since issue, you can use it for a single entry and you are allowed to stay in Kenya for up to 3 months.