The citizens of Laos, like most nationalities in the world, are given access to Kenya’s electronic visa system. As a result, when you wish to travel to Kenya for tourism purposes, you can apply for a Kenya visa online. iVisa can help with that, and the e-visa can be in your possession in only a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Laos – the requirements
As you can imagine, the online application process is less demanding as the one you come across at the embassy. However, you still have to meet a few requirements. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Laos – the online application form
After you take care of the requirements, you can go ahead and access the application page to fill in the form. You should not find this task too complicated, but keep in mind that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7. The service is free of charge.
The form you are required to complete is made of three steps. The first one expects you to fill in the blanks with personal information, travel details, as well as passport info. You must also choose a processing time for your application but bear in mind that your choice affects the price of your Kenya visa. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step wants you to take care of the payment and carefully review your form, while the third requires you to upload a few documents. As soon as you are done with that, you can submit your application and iVisa will handle everything else.
As you can see, the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Laos implies minimal effort. iVisa handles all the bureaucracy. The Kenya e-visa maintains its validity for 90 days since the date of issue, and you can use it for a single entry. Once you arrive in Kenya, you can stay for no more than 90 days, but you can ask for an extension.