Same as most nationalities in the world, the citizens of Liberia have access to Kenya’s electronic visa system. Consequently, instead of going to the nearest Kenyan embassy to obtain a consular visa, you can apply online for a Kenya e-visa. If you employ the services provided by iVisa, the document can be ready for you in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Liberia – requirements
You cannot apply online for a Kenya visa unless you are able to meet all the requirements. However, rest assured that there is nothing on that list that is difficult to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Liberia – the online application form
After you put together the required documents and information, you can proceed to fill in the application form. Just keep in mind that if you need help at any point, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via phone or online chat 24/7 and does not charge.
There are three steps you need to go through when you fill in the form. The first one covers the general information about you and your trip, but you are required to select a processing time for your application too. As for the latter, remember that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on which option you choose. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
When you get to the second step, you have to take care of the payment and review your form so that it does not contain erred information. It is essential to correct all of your mistakes. Otherwise, the document you will be sent will be invalid.
The third and last step asks that you upload some documents that support your application. As soon as you complete the task, you can hit the submit button and iVisa will take care of the rest.
The bottom line is that the citizens of Liberia have an easy time applying for a Kenya visa. The document in question remains valid for 3 months since issue and allows its holder to stay in Kenya for just as much. You can use the e-visa for a single entry.