The citizens of Moldova who plan to travel to Kenya for tourism purposes do not have to go to the nearest Kenyan embassy to get a consular visa. As a Moldavian citizen, you are eligible for an electronic visa, which means that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. Using the services provided by iVisa, you will have the document you need in just a matter of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Moldova – the requirements
Before you do anything else, you need to make sure that you have everything necessary for a successful application process. However, you will see that there is nothing on the list that may be difficult to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Moldova – the online application form
After you manage to put together all of the above, you can proceed to fill in the application form. You should not find it difficult, but if it happens to need help, you can contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form you are required to complete happens in three stages. During the first one, you need to give your personal information, travel details, and passport info. You have to choose a processing time for your application as well. Keep in mind that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on that. iVisa provides you with three options.
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
During the second stage, you are required to handle the payment and review your form so that you do not submit inaccurate information, while the third expects you to upload a few documents that support your application. When you are done, you can click on the submit button and iVisa will take care of everything from that point on.
What you need to remember from all this is that the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Moldova involves little effort and time. The Kenya e-visa you are sent keeps its validity for 90 days since issuance, and it allows you to stay in Kenya for just as many days. You are granted a single entry.