The citizens of Myanmar, same as many other nationalities, have the possibility to avoid a trip to the embassy when traveling to Kenya for tourism purposes. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, meaning that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. With iVisa, the document you need for your trip can be yours in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Myanmar – requirements
You cannot start the online application process before you take care of the requirements. However, you may already have some of the things that are necessary. You will need the following:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Myanmar – the online application form
After the requirements are taken care of, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should find it easy to complete, but just in case you need help or have some questions, iVisa puts at your disposal its customer support. The service is available 24/7 and does not charge you.
The form you are asked to fill in happens in three phases. During the first one, all you have to do is provide your personal information and select a processing time. Concerning the latter, you are given three choices so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you, but keep in mind that each of them comes with its own fee. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
The second phase is reserved for payment and revision. Do not underestimate the review because if you submit inaccurate information, your visa will be invalid and you have to repeat the application process.
Finally, the third phase is the moment when iVisa asks that you upload the documents that support your application. You can submit your request as soon as all three phases are complete, and iVisa will take care of what follows.
The bottom line is that the process of obtaining a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Myanmar is not at all complicated when you apply with iVisa. The document you get is valid for 90 days since issuance, and it allows you to stay in Kenya for just as much. You can use the e-visa for a single entry.