Like many other nationalities, the citizens of Nicaragua can avoid a trip to the embassy before their departure to Kenya. As long as your travel for tourism purposes, you qualify for an electronic visa, meaning that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. With iVisa’s assistance, the document you need can be in your inbox in a matter of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Nicaragua – the requirements
First of all, you need to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for the application process. However, you should not struggle to get all the documents and information you need. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Nicaragua – the online application form
After you manage to gather all of the above, you can move on and fill in the application form. Generally, it takes applicants about 20 minutes to go through the form, but if you need some help, iVisa provides 24/7 customer support. The service is free of charge.
The form created by iVisa is split into three more manageable steps. The first one wants your personal information, passport info, and a couple of details concerning your trip. You also have to choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on that. Your options are as follows:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
Reaching step number two, this is the moment when you have to take care of the payment and review your form. It is very important that you submit only accurate information. Otherwise, your visa will be invalid and you need to apply for a new one.
The third and last step requires you to upload a few documents. iVisa will instruct you how. After you are finished with that as well, you can submit your form, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated about the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Nicaragua. The e-visa keeps its validity for 90 days since the date of issue, and you can use it for one entry. You are allowed to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.