As a Norwegian citizen, you can apply online for a Kenya visa as of 2015 when the Kenyan government adopted the electronic visa system. As a result, if your trip to Kenya is for tourism purposes, you do not have to go to an embassy to get your travel document. iVisa can help with the online application process so that you get your e-visa in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Norway – the requirements
One of the first things you have to do is to make sure that you meet the requirements. However, you will not experience any difficulties in gathering all the necessary documents and information. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Norway – the online application form
Once you have everything you need, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. If you need some help with it or have some questions, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached via online chat or phone 24/7, and it is entirely free of charge.
There are three steps you need to go through. During the first one, you need to provide your personal information, passport info, and travel details. You will also be asked to choose a processing time for your application, a factor which determines not only how soon your Kenya e-visa arrives, but how much it costs too. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
When you reach the second step, you have to cover the payment and review the information you provided in your form to make sure that it is 100% correct. Otherwise, you can end up with an invalid visa. And finally, the third step expects you to upload a few documents. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will take it from there.
The bottom line is that the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Norway does not take much of your time or your energy. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants you a single entry and you can stay in Kenya for no more than 3 months.