As a Portuguese citizen, if you decide to spend your vacation in Kenya, you do not have to worry about going to the embassy to get your visa. Since you are eligible for an electronic travel document, you are given the opportunity to apply online for your Kenya visa. With iVisa’s assistance, the e-visa can be yours in just a matter of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Portugal – the requirements
It is obvious that the online application process is not as demanding and stressful as the process you need to go through at the embassy. Even so, you still have to make sure that you meet the requirements. You will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Portugal – the online application form
Now that you know what you need, let’s discuss the application form so that you know what to expect when you access the application page. But first, you should know that iVisa’s customer support is reachable 24/7 and free of charge should you need some help along the way.
The application form includes three simple steps. The first one is interested in general information about yourself and your trip, but it also compels you to choose a processing time for your application. Just bear in mind that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on your decision. Here are the three options iVisa gives you:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
When you get to the second step, you will see that you are asked to take care of the payment and review your form. Now, do not underestimate the review because even a simple typo will invalidate your visa.
Finally, step number three is the point at which you are required to upload your application’s supporting documents. iVisa will tell you how. As soon as you are finished, submit your request, and iVisa will take it from there.
What is essential to know is that the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Portugal is an easy task. The Kenya e-visa has a validity period of 90 days since the date of issue, it grants a single entry, and you can stay in Kenya for up to 3 months.