The citizens of Sao Tome and Principe, like most nationalities in the world, have access to an electronic visa when traveling to Kenya for tourism purposes. As a result, you can apply online for a Kenya visa instead of going to the nearest embassy. iVisa is here to facilitate the online application process, and you can get the e-visa in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sao Tome and Principe – requirements
While the online application process is not as demanding as the one at the embassy, you still need to make sure that you meet the requirements. That should not be hard. In fact, here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sao Tome and Principe – the online application form
After you get everything that you need, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should find it easy to complete, but do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support should you have questions or concerns. The service can be reached 24/7 and does not charge.
The form in question is broken down into three more manageable steps. The first step wants your personal information, as well as passport info and travel details, but you also have to make a decision as far as the processing time of your application is concerned. Just remember that the choice you make establishes how much you will be charged for your Kenya visa. You are given three options:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
Step number two consists of payment and revision, while the third asks that you provide iVisa with some documents that support your application. You are going to have to upload them. After you do that, submit your form and iVisa will take care of everything else.
As you can see, the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sao Tome and Principe does not raise any red flags. It is short and straightforward. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 3 months since issue, it allows you to travel to Kenya only once and you can stay there for up to 90 days.