As of 2015, the government of Kenya adopted the electronic visa system, and most nationalities have access to it. The citizens of South Korea are among them, which means that you can apply for a Kenya visa online. If you choose the services provided by iVisa, the travel document can be in your e-mail inbox in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of South Korea – the requirements
Before starting the application process, you need to make sure that you can provide all the information and documents that iVisa needs from you. However, the list is not very long. It contains the following:
- Passport – you cannot go through the online application process if you do not have a valid passport. Kenya’s visa policy also requires that the document has at least another 6 months of validity at the time of your arrival.
- A copy of your passport’s info page – you need to scan it and upload when iVisa asks that of you.
- Digital photo of yourself – you need to ensure that the picture follows all the guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this serves as proof that you will return to your home country before your Kenya visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from friends/family will suffice.
- Travel itinerary – make sure to include the cities you are planning to visit.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the electronic visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa takes multiple methods of payment so that you can use the one that is most convenient for you. You can pay with a credit/debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat will work as well.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of South Korea – the online application form
As soon as you consider yourself ready, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. It should take you about 20 minutes to complete this task, but if you need assistance, do not hesitate to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service can be reached day or night, and it is free of charge.
You will see that the form created by iVisa consists of three arts. The first one asks you to insert your personal information, as well as some details regarding your trip and passport info. You are also required to select a processing time for your application so that the cost of your Kenya visa can be determined. iVisa provides you with three choices:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your application is processed within 5 business days, and you have to pay $88.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a bit faster, you can opt for this one. You receive your Kenya visa within 2 business days, and you are charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you can select. However, you receive your travel document within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second part is even easier. You must take care of the payment and review your form so that it does not include mistakes. The third part asks that you upload a few documents. After you are done, you can submit your application and iVisa handles what comes after. But your job is done.
The bottom line is that the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of South Korea is incredibly accessible. The e-visa you receive is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants a single entry and you can stay in Kenya for no more than 90 days.