As a citizen of Sri Lanka, if you ever wish to spend your vacation in Kenya, you do not have to worry about getting a consular visa. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, in which case you can apply for a Kenya visa online. With iVisa, the travel document you need can be ready for use in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – the requirements
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, you need to gather some documents and information that are required during the process. However, you will be pleased to learn that they are easy to put your hands on. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka – the online application form
When you believe yourself to be ready, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. You should spend about 20 minutes completing this task, but if you need assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to iVisa’s customer support. The service is ready to help you 24/7 at no charge.
The form you are asked to fill in is broken down into three short steps. The first one is interested in your personal information, passport info, as well as travel details. However, you are also asked to select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the price of your Kenya visa depends on your decision. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you.
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
The second step consists of payment and revision, while the third will ask you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, there is nothing challenging about the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka. iVisa does most of the heavy lifting. The document you get is valid for 90 days, grants a single entry, and allows a stay of maximum 90 days in Kenya.