As a citizen of Sri Lanka, if you ever wish to spend your vacation in Kenya, you don't have to worry about getting a consular visa. That is because you are eligible for an electronic visa, in which case you can apply for a Kenya visa online. With iVisa, the travel document you need can be ready for use in just a couple of hours.
If you want to learn more about it, then you just have to keep reading this article so you'll be able to learn properly how to apply and what requirements you need.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Sri Lanka, do I require a visa to enter Kenya?
You do need a visa, but not necessarily a consular visa. All citizens from Pakistan need an electronic visa if they want to travel to Kenya.
What is a Kenyan e-Visa for Sri Lanka Citizens?
The Kenyan e-Visa for Sir Lanka Citizens is one type of visa that allows you to enter the country just like a regular one, but with an automated electronic system.
How long can Sri Lanka Citizens stay in Kenya with an Electronic Visa?
You can stay in Kenya for 90 days Total if you have a Sri Lankan passport.
What are the requirements for Sri Lankan citizens?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, you need to gather some documents and information that are required during the process. However, you will be pleased to learn that they are easy to put your hands on. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this is important for you to prove that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- A Travel itinerary
- Valid E-mail address - when you decide to apply online, you get your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Don't forget to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Methods of payment – iVisa will cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card and PayPal.
What are the processing times and also the prices for the e-Visa?
iVisa has three options to offer you so that you can choose the one that is more appropriate.
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the least expensive. You get your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you only pay USD 88.00.
- Rush processing – things move a little bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is ready within 2 business days, but you will be charged USD 118.00.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay USD 153.00 for it.
How much time do I need to apply for it?
You should spend about 20 minutes completing the application form.
How is the online application form?
When you believe yourself to be ready, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. If you need assistance, do not hesitate to reach out to iVisa’s customer support. The service is ready to help you 24/7 at no charge.
The form you are asked to fill in is broken down into three short steps.
The first one is only based on your personal information, passport info, as well as travel details. However, you are also asked to select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that the price of your Kenya visa depends on your decision.
The second step consists of payment and revision.
While the third step will ask you to upload some final documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, you can click on the submit button, and iVisa will take care of the rest.
As you can see, there is nothing challenging about the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sri Lanka. iVisa does most of the heavy lifting.
What should I do once I complete the application for my Kenyan e-Visa?
Once you complete your application form, you'll receive your Kenyan e-Visa through an e-mail depending on the processing time you chose. And as you may realize, you don't need to deal with an embassy.
How many entries does the Kenyan e-Visa allow to Sri Lankans?
If you're a Sri Lanka citizen, you're able to have Single Entry. Then you can enter the country only once while you don't exceed the expiry date.
I'm traveling with my kids, can they enter with my e-Visa?
Sadly, no, you can't. In Kenya, every person who is from a country that requires a visa is obligated to pay the visa fee, no matter their age.
Are there any vaccinations required to visit Kenya?
Check if you need a Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate here:https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/kenya.
Can I apply for my family or friends?
This is possible but always remember that they must be from Sri Lanka too or at least from a country that has this visa available to enter Kenya. If that's the case, all you need is their documents to begin the application form.
Don't forget that in case you want to apply only for one friend or family member, you simply apply here and fill in their personal information. If you have to apply for more than one person, then you can do it by clicking on ‘Add new applicant’.
Is it safe to use iVisa?
Absolutely. We always work hard to provide you maximum safety for your personal data, and we also invest a lot in security for our database. Your personal information is totally secured. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here, proving that we've made sure to offer you just the best.
Where can I read more about this?
Click here to apply for your Kenya e-Visa. As you can see, iVisa makes it easy to apply for and receive your e-Visa, and it also comes with a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating from more than 19,000 reviewers on Trustpilot. Contact us today and relax about your trip!