As a Swedish citizen, if you plan to travel to Kenya for tourism purposes, you do not have to go to the nearest Kenyan embassy to get a visa. Since you qualify for an electronic visa, you are given the opportunity to apply online for a Kenya visa. iVisa is here to help with the application process so that you can have the document you need in just 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sweden – the requirements
Before you do anything else, you need to gather a few documents and pieces of information that are essential for a successful application process. However, you will see that you have no reason for concern. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Sweden – the online application form
After you put together the requirements, there is one more thing you have to do, and that is to fill in the application form. Remember that is you experience any difficulties during the process and need some help, iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge.
When you access the application page, you will notice that the form created by iVisa happens in three stages. During the first one, all you have to do is provide some general information and select a processing time for your application. When it comes to processing, you need to remember that the cost of your Kenya visa depends on the choice you make. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
The second stage asks that you insert your payment details and review the information in your form so that no mistakes are made. Erred information leads to an invalid visa, in which case you have to repeat the process for a new one.
The final stage is the point at which iVisa gives you instructions on how to upload the documents that support your application. After you do that, you are pretty much done. You can submit your form and iVisa handles the rest.
Needless to say, the citizens of Sweden have an easy time applying for a Kenya visa. iVisa does most of the heavy lifting. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since issuance, and it grants a single entry. Once you arrive in Kenya, you can remain there for up to 3 months.