Kenya’s government adopted the electronic visa system back in 2015. Since then, most nationalities have access to it, and the citizens of Thailand make no difference. As a Thai national, you can apply online for a Kenya visa, and iVisa can help with the application process. Your travel document can be in your possession in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Thailand – the requirements
One of the first things you need to concern yourself with is to make sure that you meet the requirements. However, you will see that they are easy to achieve. For a successful application process, you will need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Thailand – the online application form
Once you gather everything necessary, you can proceed to the application page to fill in the form. That should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need assistance, iVisa’s customer support can be contacted 24/7. The service is entirely free of charge.
You will see that the form created by iVisa is made of three steps. Step number one focuses on general information about yourself and your trip to Kenya, but it also makes you choose a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that your decision determines the cost of your Kenya visa. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
Step number two requires you to cover the payment and review your form carefully so that it does not contain any mistakes, while the third expects you to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are finished, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle everything that happens from that point on.
The bottom line is that the process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Thailand is easy when you use iVisa as your visa service. You do not have to suffer through too much bureaucracy. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since issue, and it grants a 90-day stay in Kenya. You can enter the country only once.