The citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo can, as of 2015, travel to Kenya without having to get a consular visa from the nearest Kenyan embassy. Instead, you can apply online for a Kenya visa, and iVisa can help with the online application process. The travel document can be in your e-mail inbox in as little as 2 hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo – requirements
What you need to do first is to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for a successful application process. Fortunately, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo – the online form
After you make sure that you meet the requirements, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. That should not prove to be a challenging task, but if you need some help, you can reach iVisa’s customer support via online chat or phone. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
The form you are required to complete consists of three steps. The first one wants your personal information and for you to choose a processing time for your application. As for the latter, iVisa gives you three options so that you can opt for the one that is best for you. However, keep in mind that they all have different fees. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
Moving on to step number two, you have to cover the payment and review your form. The revision is more important than you think because even the smallest mistake can invalidate your visa. As for the third step, this is the moment when you have to upload the documents that support your application. As soon as you are done, hit the submit button and iVisa will take it from there.
What you need to understand is that the citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo do not have a hard time applying for a Kenya visa. The document we are referring to has a validity period of 90 days since issue. It grants a single entry and it allows its holder to stay in Kenya for up to 90 days.