The citizens of the Dominican Republic, like many other nationalities, qualify for an electronic visa if they wish to travel to Kenya. As a result, you are no longer required to go to an embassy to get your travel document. Instead, you can apply online for a Kenya visa, and iVisa can help with the application process.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Dominican Republic – requirements
If there is one thing for sure is that the online application process is less demanding than the one you come across at the embassy. Even so, you still need to make sure that you have the following:
- Passport – travelers who want to get a Kenya visa online must have a valid passport. The travel document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of the information page of your passport – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application.
- A digital passport photo – there are a few rules for this requirement as well. For example, the picture needs to be taken recently.
- Return flight ticket – this will make the immigration officers believe that you plan to go back to your country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel reservation confirmation or, if you stay with family or friends, you can have them write an invitation letter.
- Travel itinerary – you must write down the cities you wish to visit while in Kenya.
- E-mail address – iVisa will send you the Kenya visa via e-mail in PDF format, which is why you need a valid address to which you have access. You need to print out the document before departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods. Credit or debit cards are accepted, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat too.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Dominican Republic – the online application form
After you manage to gather all of the above, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. But before you do that, it is essential to know that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and free of charge should you require assistance.
When you access the application page, you will notice how the form is split into three steps. The first one is easy. All you have to do is to provide general information about yourself and your trip and select a processing time for your application. As to the latter, keep in mind that the price of your Kenya visa depends on the decision you make. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – most applicants go for this option because it is the least expensive. Your Kenya visa is ready within 5 business days, and you are charged $88.
- Rush processing – if you go for this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, but the fee is $118.
- Super Rush processing – being the fastest option means that it is also the priciest. Your application is processed within just 2 hours, but you are charged $153.
Step number two requires you to take care of the payment and review your form. You cannot submit an application that includes errors because that will invalidate your visa. Avoid that by carefully going over it a couple of times before moving on.
Finally, step number three requires you to upload some documents that support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button and iVisa will deliver its end of the bargain in the agreed timeframe.
What is important to remember from all this is that the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Dominican Republic is incredibly easy with iVisa. The Kenya e-visa is valid for 90 days since issuance. It grants a single entry and it allows you to spend up to 90 days in Kenya.