As of 2015, most nationalities are given the opportunity to avoid a trip to the embassy when traveling to Kenya. The citizens of the Netherlands make no exception. As a Dutch national, you are eligible for an electronic visa, so you can apply for a Kenya visa online. If you want the document in just a matter of hours, use the service provided by iVisa.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – the requirements
We recommend that before you begin the application process, you should put together every necessary document and piece of information. That should not be a difficult task. Here is what you will need:
- Valid passport – you cannot go through the online application process to obtain a Kenya visa unless you have a valid passport that maintains its status for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s information page – iVisa will ask you to upload it when you fill in the application form.
- Digital passport photo – please make sure that the picture is taken recently and that it follows all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Return flight ticket – this just goes to show that you plan to go back to your country of origin before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel reservation confirmation is enough, and if you plan to stay with family or friends, have them write a letter of invitation.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address- when you apply online, you receive your visa via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa will ask you to cover the costs during the application process. You can use one of the multiple available methods of payment, such as credit/debit card, PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands – the online application form
After the requirements are handled, you can go ahead and access the application page. There, you will find the application form you need to fill in. But if you need assistance along the way, remember that iVisa’s customer support is at your disposal 24/7 and entirely free of charge.
The form created by iVisa happens in three stages. Stage number one wants your personal information and for you to choose a processing time for your application. As to that, keep in mind that the choice you make determines the cost of your Kenya visa. You are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have at hand is also the cheapest. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, but you pay only $88.
- Rush processing – things move a bit faster if you choose this option. Your application is processed within 2 business days, but you will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – this is the most expensive option you have at hand, but the fastest as well. Your travel document is ready within just 2 hours, but you pay $153 for it.
During the second stage, you need to take care of the payment and review your form. Do that carefully because even a simple typo can invalidate your visa, meaning that you must repeat the application process.
Finally, the third stage requires you to upload a few documents that support your application. As soon as that is done, you can submit your request. iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you need to understand is that the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands is a lot simpler than going to an embassy. The Kenya e-visa keeps its validity for 90 days since issue, and you can use it for a single entry. Once in Kenya, you are allowed to remain for up to 90 days.