According to Kenya’s visa policy, as a Filipino citizen, you qualify for an electronic visa when you plan a trip to Kenya for tourism purposes. As a result, instead of going to an embassy to get your travel document, you can apply online for a Kenya visa. iVisa is here to help with the application process so that you can have your e-visa in a matter of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Philippines – the requirements
As you can probably imagine, the online process is far less demanding than the one you need to go through at the embassy. Nevertheless, you still need to put together some necessary documents and information. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Philippines – the online application form
There is one more thing you have to do, and that is to fill in the application form. Generally, it takes applicants about 20 minutes to go through the steps, but if you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
As you will notice, the application form is broken down into three simple steps. The first one wants your personal information and for you to choose a processing time for your application. Bear in mind that the choice you make establishes how much money you will spend on your Kenya visa. Here are the options you are given:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step requires you to cover the payment and to review your form so that you do not submit inaccurate information, while the final step wants you to upload some documents that support your application. Once you are finished with that, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you must remember from all this is that the online process of obtaining a Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Philippines is incredibly accessible. The Kenya e-visa you are sent is valid for 90 days since issue, and you can use it for a single trip to Kenya. Once you arrive, you are allowed to remain for up to 3 months.