According to Kenya’s visa policy, as a Filipino citizen, you qualify for an electronic visa when you plan a trip to Kenya for tourism purposes.
As a result, instead of going to an embassy to get your travel document, you can apply online for a Kenya visa with no need of stress. iVisa is here to help with the application process so that you can have your e-visa in a matter of hours, so we invite you to keep reading this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I'm from Phillipines, do I need a visa if I want to travel to Kenya?
Yes, all citizens from Phillipines need to apply for a visa if they want to travel to Kenya. A good thing is that you can apply for it online.
What is a Kenyan e-Visa for Filipinos?
The Kenyan Electronic Visa is one type of visa that gives an authorized permission to enter the country just like a regular visa does, but with an electronic system.
How long can the Citizens of the Philippines stay in Kenya with an e-Visa?
With your Philippines passport, you can stay in Kenya for at least 90 days Total.
What are the requirements for the citizens of the Philippines?
As you can probably imagine, the online process is far less demanding than the one you need to go through at the embassy. Nevertheless, you still need to put together some necessary documents and information. Here is what you need:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- **Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal is also a valid method of payment.
What are the processing times and also fees to get my Kenia e-Visa if I'm from the Philippines?
When it's about the visa total price, it will vary on how soon you want it. iVisa counts with three options for you, so keep in mind that the option you choose influences the cost of your Kenya visa. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa in 5 business days, and the fee is USD 88.00.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged USD 118.00.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is USD 153.00.
How long does it take to finish the application form?
You won't waste a lot of time, all you need is some minutes to complete the whole process.
How do Filipinos apply for the Kenyan e-Visa?
This is probably the most important thing to do, to fill in the application form. Generally, it takes applicants about 20 minutes to go through the steps, but if you have questions or concerns, feel free to contact iVisa’s customer support. The service is available 24/7 and free of charge.
As you will notice, the application form is broken down into three simple steps:
The first one wants your personal information and for you to choose a processing time for your application. Bear in mind that the choice you make establishes how much money you will spend on your Kenya visa.
The second step requires you to cover the payment and to review your form so that you do not submit inaccurate information,
In the final step you just have to upload some documents that support your application. Once you are finished with that, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
What you must remember from all this is that the online process of obtaining a Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Philippines is incredibly accessible.
What should I do as soon as I finish the entire application for my Kenyan e-Visa?
Once you're done with all the application process, you'll obtain your Kenyan e-Visa through an e-mail according to the processing time you preferred. And as you might notice, you don't have to deal with any Kenyan embassy. In iVisa we deal with the rest.
How many entries does the Kenyan e-Visa allow to Filipino citizens?
If you're from the Philippine, you can have Single Entry. Basically you can enter the country only once.
If I'm traveling with my children, what should I do?
Keep in mind that in Kenya, every person who is from a country that requires a visa has to pay the visa fee, and that includes children. So in that case, you have to apply for your kid too.
How does this e-Visa look like?
Are there any vaccinations required to visit Kenya?
Yes, there are, but you can check that information here: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/kenya.
Is it safe to use iVisa if I want to apply for a Kenyan e-Visa?
Yes, we can guarantee that it is. We always work to offer you maximum safety for your personal data, and we also invest a lot in security for our database. Your personal information could not be safer. You can check what hundreds of happy customers say about us here, proving that we've made sure to offer you just the best.
Where can I read more about Kenya and its e-Visa?
Start your application here. As you can see, iVisa makes it quite easy to apply for and get your e-Visa as fast as possible, and it also has a 9.5 ‘Excellent’ rating from over 18,000 reviewers on Trustpilot. Contact us today and get ready to know Kenya!