UAE citizens who plan to travel to Kenya for tourism purposes are not, as of 2015, required to get a consular visa before departure. Instead, because you are eligible for an electronic visa, you can apply for a Kenya visa online using the services provided by iVisa. The document can be in your inbox in just a couple of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates – requirements
Once you take a look at the list of requirements, you will notice that it does not include anything that may be difficult to achieve. With that being said, here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates – the online form
As soon as you put together everything that is required, you can go ahead and fill in the application form. That should not take you more than 20 minutes, but if you need some help, iVisa’s customer support can be reached 24/7 and is entirely free of charge.
The form created by iVisa consists of three short steps. Step one would like you to insert your personal information, passport info, and a few details about your trip. You must also select a processing time for your application, an action that will determine how much money you spend on your Kenya visa. iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step wants you to take care of the payment and review your form so that the information within is 100% accurate, while the third requires you to upload some documents that support your application. After you do everything you are supposed to, you can submit your request, and iVisa will handle everything from that point on.
The bottom line is that getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates involves minimal effort when you apply with iVisa. The document in question is valid for 3 months since issue, and you can use it for a single entry. You are allowed to stay in Kenya for no more than 90 days.