In 2015, Kenya adopted the electronic visa system and granted access to it to most nationalities of the world. The citizens of Tunisia are among them, meaning that you can apply for a Kenya visa online instead of going to a consulate. iVisa facilitates the application process, and as a result, your e-visa can be in your inbox in just a matter of hours.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Tunisia – the requirements
The online application process may not be as time-consuming or as stressful as the one at the embassy, but you still have to meet a few requirements. However, there is nothing to worry about since you do not need much. Only the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kenya visa unless you are a passport holder. Plus, Kenya’s visa policy dictates that the document has to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Kenya.
- A scan of your passport’s bio page – iVisa will require you to upload it during the application process.
- Digital passport photo – keep in mind that the picture needs to be taken recently. There are a few other guidelines the photo has to follow as well.
- Return flight ticket – the purpose of this requirement is to assure immigration officers that you plan to return to your home country before your visa expires.
- Proof of accommodation – this can either be a hotel booking confirmation or a letter of invitation from a friend/family.
- Travel itinerary
- E-mail address – after your application is processed, iVisa will send you the travel document via e-mail in PDF format. Remember to print out at least one physical copy before your departure.
- Means of payment – iVisa is versatile as far as paying for services goes. You can either use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also valid methods of payment.
Kenya Visa for the citizens of Tunisia – the online application form
When you think you are ready, you can go ahead and access the application page and fill in the form. It is unlikely to find it challenging, but if it happens to need some assistance, iVisa’s customer support can be reached 24/7 at no charge.
The form iVisa created consists of three easy steps. The first one asks for your personal information, passport info, and travel details. You are also required to select a processing time for your application at this point. The cost of your Kenya visa depends on your choice, and iVisa gives you three options:
- Standard processing – this is the cheapest option you have at hand. The slowest as well. You receive your Kenya visa within 5 business days, and the fee is $88.
- Rush processing – for faster processing, you can choose this option and have your application processed within 2 business days. You will be charged $118.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need your e-visa as fast as possible, select this option, and your application is processed within just 2 hours. The fee, however, is $153.
The second step requires you to take care of the payment and review your form so that there are no mistakes in it. If you fail to correct your errors, the visa you receive is invalid, and you have to repeat the process.
Finally, step number three wants you to upload the documents that support your application. When you are done, click on the submit button, and iVisa will handle the bureaucracy that follows.
Needless to say, the online process of getting a Kenya Visa for the citizens of Tunisia is not at all complicated. The document you are sent is valid for 90 days since issue, it grants a single entry, and after you arrive in Kenya, you are allowed to stay for up to 3 months.