Get Your East Africa Tourist Visa now for Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda
Learn More: East Africa Tourist Visa
Last updated: September 2022
KENYA IS OPEN - Kenya re-opened to all tourists in October 2021.
Explore East Africa! The government of Kenya offers the East Africa Visa, an e-Visa permitting entry into and travel within Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. The visa allows visitors to travel to Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda without needing separate visas.
You must get the East Africa visa before entering any of these 3 countries. Now, it is possible to apply with iVisa easily and quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
What is the Kenya East Africa Visa?
With the East Africa Tourist Visa, travelers can travel between Kenya, Rwanda, and Uganda with one unified visa. These countries created a partnership to boost regional travel and enable tourists to explore East Africa's diverse culture, nature, and wildlife.
The visa application process is done 100% online, without the need for a visit to an embassy or consulate.
Who is eligible to apply for the East Africa Visa?
Every foreign citizen who wants to visit all three countries for tourism on one trip should apply for this visa. If you're unsure which visa you need, please consult our handy visa checker tool.
Validity of the East Africa Visa
The East African eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, valid for a stay of up to 90 days Per Entry in the region. Foreign citizens are required to apply through an online form at least 6 Business Days in advance of travel. The approved visa must be used within 3 months of the issuance date.
Important: Although this is a Multiple Entry visa, the visa automatically expires if you leave the region.
For example, if you have entered Kenya and leave after 14 days to go to Europe, this visa is not valid anymore to visit Rwanda and/or Uganda. You can only enter the second or third country from another East African nation under this agreement.
Travel requirements and required documents to apply for the East Africa Visa
To apply for the East Africa Visa online, you must provide at least the following documents and information:
Details and a copy of your valid passport
A copy of your passport cover
Applicant passport photo with white background (if you don't have one, check out the iVisa digital photo service)
Documents proving the purpose of your visit (medical, tourism, family visit, business, etc.) (if applicable)
Transiting in Kenya
This visa cannot be used for transit. However, another type of visa, the Kenya Transit Visa, is valid for 3 days from the planned arrival date, for a stay of 72 hours. Please contact your nearest embassy or consulate to find out more about this visa.
How to apply online for the East Africa Visa
The East Africa e-Visa application process takes just a few minutes to complete. It includes the following steps:
Step 1: Fill out the requisition information, such as passport details, name, email address, and other info. Choose your preferred processing time depending on your needs.
Step 2: Review your application and ensure all information is correctly entered. Then, pay the visa fees.
Step 3: Upload all required documents, such as your passport photo, and confirm your application.
The eVisa is usually electronically linked to your passport. Printing the confirmation of your approved visa is recommended to show it to border officials if necessary.
Traveling with minors to Kenya
Minors aged 16 and under do not need a visa for Kenya. They have permission to enter the country without showing a valid visa. However, please check the applicable visa requirements for each country you intend to visit, as requirements may differ per country.
COVID-19 restrictions in Kenya
The COVID-19 Kenyan travel ban is no longer in effect. Foreign citizens can now apply for a Kenyan visa online in minutes.
All passengers over 18 must present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 upon arrival in Kenya. Kenya doesn't require PCR tests for vaccinated travelers.
Unvaccinated travelers cannot enter Kenya at this time. However, exemptions may apply. Those exempt have to provide a negative PCR test result. Please find the full list of exemptions on the website of Kenya's government.
Minors aged 17 and under do not need to show a COVID-19 vaccination certificate to enter Kenya, and those under the age of 4 do not need a negative PCR test to enter Kenya.
However, the Kenyan government may implement changes and upcoming restrictions at short notice. Follow the government's instructions and check the latest news before traveling.
Questions about the East Africa Visa?
If you have questions about this visa or another travel document to visit Kenya or East Africa, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team via online chat or email [email protected]. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Required Documents to Apply
Minors Passport Bio Data Page (if applicable)
Passport Personal Details Scan
Proof of Accommodation (if applicable)
Cover Letter (if applicable)
Host's ID (if applicable)
Hospital Letter (if applicable)
Appointment letter from Kenyan hospital (if applicable)
Organization's Certificate of Registration in the justice authority (if applicable)
Host's Passport Personal Details Scan (if applicable)
Employment Proof (if applicable)
Previous Visas Last Year (if applicable)
Your initial destination must be Kenya.
The East Africa Tourist Visa is valid for 90 days after arrival.
The maximum length of stay is 90 days Per Entry, and it is valid for Multiple Entry.
Fully vaccinated travelers must upload their COVID vaccination certificate on the “panabios” system.
Applicants must not have another current Kenya, Uganda or Rwanda visa.
Applicants must be outside these countries at the time of application.
A proof of accommodation is required to obtain the travel document. The dates in this document MUST match the travel dates selected in the application. This is a requirement demanded by the government in order to issue the travel document.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months upon entry to these East African countries.
This visa cannot be changed to a work visa while inside the Republic of Kenya, Uganda or Rwanda.
You are required to print out and carry this travel authorization with you, as you will be required to present it at the point of entry.
Applicants must arrive with the same passport with which they applied for the East Africa e-Visa.
Was this page helpful?
Our customers have great stories about us
Is iVisa.com a legitimate company?
Our Company is accredited and recognized by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and has a validated IATA Agency Code. If you want to check this information you can verify our membership using our bearing No. 23716873 at http://store.iata.org/ieccacfree.
Remember that the customer service team at iVisa.com is here 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about our service.
Do I need a COVID vaccine or vaccination certificate to enter Kenya?
COVID-19 vaccination passports or certificates are not mandatory to enter Kenya. Now, fully vaccinated passengers with a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate won't need to present a negative PCR test.
Since information may change quickly, we advise you to follow up on the latest Kenya travel updates and/or contact your local embassy.
Do I need to take a coronavirus test?
- COVID test prior to arrival: PCR within 72 hours for unvaccinated travelers
- COVID test exemptions: Children under 12 and fully vaccinated travelers.
Do I need to quarantine on arrival in Kenya?
- Quarantine requirements: There are no quarantine requirements in Kenya.
Why buy a COVID-19 self-testing kit? (US residents only)
The eMed self-test COVID-19 kit includes 6 rapid antigen tests that meet major US airline's entry requirements- perfect for travelers on round-trip journeys from the United States!
Order your test kit before your trip and it will be delivered to your home address for easy testing, anywhere, anytime. The Certified Guide will help you get results in 15 minutes on the NAVICA app. Get the eMed self-test COVID-19 kit for $150- that’s only $25 per test.
What is an East Africa Visa?
What are the requirements to apply for an East Africa Visa?
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Applicant Photo
How long can I stay in East Africa with an eVisa?
What is the cost of an East Africa Visa?
- Standard Processing Procedure: 6 Business Days - USD $156.99.
- Rush Processing Procedure: 4 Business Days - USD $194.99.
- Super Rush Processing Procedure: 2 Business Days - USD $236.99.
I made a mistake on my application. Can I modify the electronic visa after it’s issued?
How many entries do I obtain with the East Africa Visa?
Which nationalities can apply for an East Africa Visa?
If I have a valid visa for Kenya/Uganda/Rwanda. Can I request the East Africa Visa?
I need to solve extra questions, where can I contact you?
Learn more about Kenyan Tourism
Where can I read more?
- How can citizens of Germany enter Kenya during coronavirus?
- How Citizens of The United Kingdom Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of Tanzania Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus?
- Kenya Covid Testing: How to get your certificate approved
- How Citizens of The United States Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus
- Kenya Vaccination Passport: What You Should Know
- How Citizens of Uganda Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus
- How Citizens of India Can Enter Kenya During Coronavirus?
- Flying to Kenya Covid 19: What you should know
- Who Can Travel to Kenya Covid: 2021 Update
- Entry Requirements for Kenya Covid 19: Prepare for your trip
- Kenya Vaccine Requirements: Do I need a vaccine to travel to Kenya?
- Read this before applying for the Kenya 14 day quarantine requirement
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Romania
- Documents Required For The Kenya Visa
- Kenya Visa Age Requirements
- Kenya Visa Qatar
- Kenya Visa How Long Does It Take
- Kenya Visa Dubai
- Kenya Visa London
- Kenya Visa For Us Citizens Cost
- Kenya Visa Uk Cost
- Kenya Visa Process
- Kenya Visa Validity
- Is Kenya Visa On Arrival For Indian
- Kenya Visa On Arrival Cost
- Kenya Visa Types
- Kenya eVisa error
- KENYA VISA-FREE COUNTRIES-CAN I TRAVEL JUST WITH MY PASSPORT?
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Croatia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of New Zealand
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Dominican Republic
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bangladesh
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Switzerland
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Colombia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Guatemala
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Austria
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bolivia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bulgaria
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Lithuania
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Mexico
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Saudi Arabia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Turkey
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Peru
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Madagascar
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Oman
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Argentina
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bhutan
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Djibouti
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of El Salvador
- Kenya Visa for Irish passport holders
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Cape Verde
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Russia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Palau
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Venezuela
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Guinea-Bissau
- Kenya Visa for Italian citizens
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Algeria
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Comoros
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Ecuador
- Kenya visa policy
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the United Arab Emirates
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Netherlands
- How Can We Get a Kenya Visa Extension?
- Kenya Visa for U.S. Citizens
- KENYA VISA FOR JORDANIAN CITIZENS
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SRI LANKA
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOROCCO
- KENYA TRANSIT VISA FOR INDIAN CITIZENS
- IS THERE A KENYA TRANSIT VISA ON ARRIVAL?
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF VISA OF UKRAINE
- Kenya Visa for Chinese citizens
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Spain
- KENYA VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR JAPANESE CITIZEN
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SWEDEN
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF SUDAN
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF MOZAMBIQUE
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF IRAN
- KENYA eVISA APPLICATION FORM FOR THE CITIZENS OF SOUTH SUDAN
- KENYA TRANSIT VISA COST
- Kenya eVisa Frequently Asked Questions
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF POLAND
- KENYA VISA FOR YEMENI
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF TUNISIA
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF ANGOLA
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF THE PHILIPPINES
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF LIBERIA
- Kenya Visa for Egyptian citizens
- KENYA VISA FOR THE CITIZENS OF BRAZIL
- KENYA VISA FOR PAKISTANI CITIZENS
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Micronesia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Slovakia
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of France
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Uzbekistan
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of Vatican City
- Australian Citizens Who Need Transit Visa for Kenya
- Canadian Citizens and Transit Visas to Kenya: Quick Guide
- Kenyan Transit Visa for Nigeria Passport Holders
- Kenya Visa application for the citizens of Germany
- Kenya Visa application form for the citizens of Belgium
- Kenya Visa for the citizens of the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Kenya Transit visa requirements
- Can I get a transit visa for Kenya at Nairobi Airport?
- Save time when landing in Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- The UK Transit Visa Going Through Kenya
- Transit Visa for Kenya Duration Information
- Can I travel to Kenya with an East Africa Visa?
- Can I get a transit visa in Kenya at the airport?