Even if Cyprus is in the European Union, and EU citizens are generally exempt from getting a visa for a trip to Kyrgyzstan, Cypriot citizens must obtain a Kyrgyzstan visa before departure. However, the document is available online, and iVisa can help you get it in as little as 24 hours. What you need to remember is that the Kyrgyzstan e-visa can only be used at the following border checkpoints: Manas and Osh airports and land crossing with Uzbekistan (Dostuk), Kazakhstan (Ak-Jol, Ak-Tilek, and Chaldybar), China (Irkeshtam and Torugart), and Tajikistan (Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, and Kyzyl-Bel).
Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Cyprus – requirements
As a Cypriot citizen, you may have to apply for a Kyrgyzstan visa, but at least you do not have to go to the nearest Kyrgyz embassy where the requirements are far more extensive. If you apply online, you only need the following:
- Passport – you cannot apply for a Kyrgyzstan visa if you do not have a valid passport. At the same time, make sure that the travel document is valid for at least another 6 months from the visa’s expiry date.
- E-mail address – after you apply, iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print out at least one physical copy.
- Means of payment – iVisa accepts multiple methods of payment. Feel free to pay using your credit or debit card, but you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
- Invitation letter – if you apply for a Kyrgyzstan Business visa, you need to meet this requirement as well. The document must include the company’s name, contact information, and registration number.
Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Cyprus – the online application form
After you gather all of the above, feel free to fill in the application form. Most people find it an easy task, but if you need some help or have some questions, iVisa has an excellent support service that you can contact 24/7.
The form we are talking about has three steps. The first one requires you that you provide your basic information, a few details about your trip, and passport information. At this moment, you must also select the processing time and a visa type (tourist or business). Both those factors affect the cost of your visa. About the processing time, you are presented with three options:
- Standard processing – if you are not in a hurry, you can go for this option. Your application is processed within 3 business days, and you only have to pay $76.20.
- Rush processing – this time, you will receive your Kyrgyzstan e-visa within 2 business days, and it costs $106.20.
- Super Rush processing – in case you need to get to Kyrgyzstan as soon as possible, your best option is the Super Rush processing. Your application form is processed within just 1 business day. However, this is the most expensive option. You will be charged $141.20.
As far as the visa type is concerned, you should know that the Kyrgyzstan Business visa costs an additional $20.60 for each processing time. You will be charged $96.80, $126.80, and $161.80 respectively.
During the second step, you need to make the payment and read your application form carefully to make sure that it does not contain any errors. This is because mistakes can invalidate your Kyrgyzstan visa.
Lastly, step number three requires you to upload the documents that support the claims of your application. As soon as you are done with that as well, you can submit your form. In short, getting a Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Cyprus is close to effortless. iVisa is of great help during the application process. The e-visa is valid for 90 days, and it grants a stay of up to 3 months.