As a Kenyan citizen, if you plan a trip to Kyrgyzstan, either for business or pleasure, you do not have to pay a visit to the nearest Kyrgyz consulate to get your visa. Alternatively, you can apply online for a Kyrgyzstan e-visa and avoid all that bureaucracy. iVisa can help you get the travel document online. But what you need to know is that not all points of entry in Kyrgyzstan will let you cross the border with an electronic visa. There are Manas and Osh International Airports that accept it, and some border checkpoints.
Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Kenya – the requirements
Believe it or not, the requirements for a Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizen of Kenya are not as demanding as one may expect. There are only e few things that you need, and you may already have some of all of them. Here is a list of what you must provide:
- Valid passport – all applicants must hold a valid passport. You need to make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date on which the electronic visa expires. Also, it needs to have at least one blank page.
- E-mail address – you cannot apply for a Kyrgyzstan visa online if you do not have an e-mail address. iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format, and you need to print it out before departure.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts multiple means of payment. You can use a credit or debit card, but you can also pay using PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
- Invitation letter – this requirement applies only to Kenyan citizens who travel to Kyrgyzstan for business purposes. The invitation letter must contain the name of the company, the contact information, and the registration number.
The application form
One last requirement you need to meet regards the application form. However, you should spend about 20 minutes filling it in, and if you need help, you can always contact iVisa’s customer support via phone or online chat. The service is available non-stop, and it is free of charge.
The application form you must complete consists of three simple steps. One, you must provide your basic information such as name, address, date of birth, phone number, and so on. You must also give your passport information and travel details. At the same time, you are invited to select a processing time for your application. Remember that each option has its own fee. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have ensures that you receive your Kyrgyzstan visa in 3 business days. The cost is just $76.20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, and you are charged $106.20.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your visa as fast as possible, this is the best option you have at hand. Your application is processed in just 1 business day. As you can imagine, this is the most expensive option as well. It costs $141.20.
The prices above are for the Kyrgyzstan Tourist Visa. If you travel for business purposes, you need a Kyrgyzstan Business Visa, for which the processing time is the same, but you are charged $96.80, $126.80, and $161.80 respectively for each option.
The second step consists of payment and revision. The latter is crucial because you can end up with an invalid Kyrgyzstan visa if you make any mistakes. For example, spelling your name wrong will render your visa invalid. Read the form carefully before moving on. The last step requires you to upload documents. iVisa needs supporting documents for your application. After you are done with that as well, you can just submit your form. That is it.
As you can see, getting a Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Kenya is easy when you apply online with iVisa. The document is valid for 90 days since issue, and you can use it for a 90-day stay in Kyrgyzstan.