All Somali citizens who plan a trip to Kyrgyzstan are no longer required to get a consular visa. That is because the citizens of Somalia are eligible for a Kyrgyzstan e-visa. The document is available online, and iVisa can help you get it. Just remember that the Kyrgyzstan e-visa allows you to cross the border only through the following points of entry: Manas and Osh airports and land crossing with Uzbekistan (Dostuk), Kazakhstan (Ak-Jol, Ak-Tilek, and Chaldybar), China (Irkeshtam and Torugart), and Tajikistan (Bor-Dobo, Kulundu, and Kyzyl-Bel).
What are the requirements?
When you apply online for a Kyrgyzstan visa, you will notice that the requirements are nothing out of the ordinary. As such, you may already have some of the items on it or all of them. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – to apply for a Kyrgyzstan visa, you need to be a passport holder. Moreover, the document needs to remain valid for at least another 6 months from the visa’s expiration date.
- E-mail address – since the application process is entirely online, you must provide an e-mail address. iVisa will send you the electronic visa in PDF format, and you need to print it out before you leave for Kyrgyzstan.
- Online method of payment – you will be asked to make the payment before you submit your application. iVisa accepts multiple means of payment. You can use a credit or a debit card, but if it is convenient for you, you can use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat.
- Invitation letter – this requirement is applicable only to travelers who go to Kyrgyzstan for business purposes. The invitation letter must include the company’s name, its contact information, as well as the registration number.
Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Somalia – processing time and fees
The cost of your Kyrgyzstan visa is determined by how fast you want the processing to go. iVisa gives you three options so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs at the time of your application. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – most people go for this option because it is the cheapest. It costs only $76.20, and your application is processed within 3 business days.
- Rush processing – if you want things to move a little bit faster, you can choose this option. Your Kyrgyzstan visa arrives within 2 business days, and you are charged $106.20.
- Super Rush processing – this is the fastest option you can go for. It is the most expensive as well. Your application is processed within 1 business day, and you are charged $141.20.
The fees above are for the Kyrgyzstan Tourist visa. A trip to Kyrgyzstan for business purposes requires a Kyrgyzstan Business visa. The processing time options above still apply, but the fees are different. This visa costs $96.80, $126.80, and $161.80 respectively.
The application form
The last thing you need to do is to fill in the application form. It should not take you more than 20 minutes to complete, and if you are in need of assistance, you can call iVisa’s customer support 24/7. Or you can talk via online chat.
The form we are talking about is broken down into three steps. The first one asks for some general information about you and your trip, and you must also select a processing time. The second step covers the payment, and you are asked to revise your form so that it does not contain any mistakes. The third requires you to upload supporting documents for your application. Your effort ends here. Just submit your form and wait.
What you need to remember from all this is that iVisa makes the process of getting a Kyrgyzstan visa for the citizens of Somalia incredibly easy. The e-visa is valid for a period of 90 days, and you can stay in Kyrgyzstan for up to 90 days.