All nationalities that are not visa-exempt can travel to Kyrgyzstan on an electronic visa. Since the citizens of the United States are not, as a USA citizen, you are eligible for a Kyrgyzstan electronic visa. iVisa can help you with the application process. It is entirely online, and you can get your e-visa in as little as 24 hours. Just keep in mind that you can use the Kyrgyzstan e-visa only if you travel via Manas and Osh airports, and a few other land border checkpoints. Any other point of entry requires a consular visa.
Kyrgyzstan visa for USA citizens – requirements
For a successful online application process, you do not need much. You must provide the following:
- Valid passport – all applicants must hold a valid passport. You need to make sure that the document is valid for another 6 months from the date on which the electronic visa expires. Also, it needs to have at least one blank page.
- E-mail address – you cannot apply for a Kyrgyzstan visa online if you do not have an e-mail address. iVisa will send you the e-visa via e-mail in PDF format, and you need to print it out before departure.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts multiple means of payment. You can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted methods of payment as well.
- Invitation letter – this requirement applies only to US citizens who travel to Kyrgyzstan for business purposes. The invitation letter must contain the name of the company, the contact information, and the registration number.
The application process
Once you put together all of the above, you can proceed and fill in the application form. The form should not be complicated for you, but if you need assistance, you can contact iVisa’s customer support service 24/7. You do not have to pay a penny for using it.
There are three steps you need to complete. First, you must put in all your personal information such as name, address, date of birth, etc. iVisa asks for passport info and travel details as well, and you must also select a processing time for your application. Keep in mind that your choice determines the cost of your Kyrgyzstan visa. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – the slowest option you have ensures that you receive your Kyrgyzstan visa in 3 business days. The cost is just $76.20.
- Rush processing – if you choose this option, your application is processed within 2 business days, and you are charged $106.20.
- Super Rush processing – in case you want your visa as fast as possible, this is the best option you have at hand. Your application is processed in just 1 business day. As you can imagine, this is the most expensive option as well. It costs $141.20.
The costs above are for the Kyrgyzstan Tourist Visa. If you are interested in the Kyrgyzstan Business Visa, the processing time options remain the same, but you must pay $96.80, $126.80, and $161.80 respectively.
Step number two covers the payment, and you are asked to do a quick revision of your application form. It must not contain any errors. Otherwise, your Kyrgyzstan visa is invalid.
The third and last step is when iVisa asks you to upload supporting documents. If additional papers are necessary, you will be notified. When you are done, just submit your application.
The bottom line is that getting a Kyrgyzstan visa for the USA citizens is not challenging when you apply with iVisa. The document is valid 90 days since issue, and you can stay in Kyrgyzstan for up to 90 days.