Whenever you plan to travel to Laos, know that all nationalities that are not visa-exempt are given the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. That way, there is no need for a trip to the nearest Laotian embassy. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast online application process. If you want to find out more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Albania apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, as mentioned above, all nationalities can obtain a Laos eVisa. The citizens of Albania make no exception.
What is necessary for the online application process?
One of the best things about an online application process is that it is not as demanding as the one you go through at the embassy. To obtain a Laos eVisa, you need to put together some documents and information, but the list is short, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. When you request a Laos eVisa, you can choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. The prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
Once you arrive in Laos with a Laos eVisa, you cannot stay for more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. To be able to travel to Laos on a Laos eVisa, you need to enter the country via the following border checkpoints:
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge If you choose any other point of entry, you must acquire a standard consular visa.