Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then one of the things you may be required to do before departure is to obtain a Laos visa. Fortunately, the visa policy of Laos is pretty lenient in the sense that it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online. The application process provided by iVisa is fast and easy, and you should make little to no effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Andorra apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, same as all nationalities, the citizens of Andorra can apply online for a Laos visa.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will notice, the process of getting a Laos eVisa is not very demanding. In fact, the list of requirements is pretty short, and the items on it should not be difficult to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. When it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa gives you three options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa at your earliest convenience. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you are charged for your Laos eVisa is not fixed. It is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore, the prices are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issue.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
The Laos eVisa allows you to stay in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. In order to be able to use a Laos eVisa, you must travel via the border checkpoints you can see below. Otherwise, you need to apply for a consular visa at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge