When you are planning a trip to Laos, you need to check its visa policy to see whether or not you need a visa in advance. However, the good news is that the visa policy of Laos allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. Since you may be eligible for an electronic visa, iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with little to no effort. If you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you could read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Angola apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, like all non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Angola are eligible for a Laos eVisa, and iVisa can help with the application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
Before you start the online application process to acquire a Laos eVisa, you need to make sure that you can meet the requirements. Fortunately, you should have an easy time putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. During the process, you will be given a chance to make a choice between three options so that you can receive your Laos eVisa precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 72 hours
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is established by the processing time you pick for your application. Obviously, the sooner you want your document to arrive, the more you will be charged. Here is a list of prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants you a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you travel to Laos with a Laos eVisa, your stay cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. There are only two points of entry that accept a Laos eVisa, as listed below. If you plan to enter the country through another border checkpoint, you will have to apply for a consular visa at the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge