Are you planning a trip to Laos anytime soon? Then you must check and see whether or not you need a visa. If you do not, then the only thing you need to cross the Laotian border is a passport. But if you do, a visa is in order. Lucky for you, the visa policy of Laos gives you the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help with the application process. You should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you see below if you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Antigua & Barbuda apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Antigua & Barbuda are eligible for a Laos eVisa, same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will see, the Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. You need very few things for the online application process, and chances are that you already have some of the things you need. Here are the documents and information you have to put together before you fill in the application form:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given the possibility to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa provides three options so that you can pick the one that best serves your needs:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you are charged for your Laos eVisa depends on which option you select when it comes to the processing time of your application. Therefore:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for a period of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are granted a duration of stay that is limited to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use a Laos eVisa, you need to enter the country through the points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint requires that you pay a visit to the nearest Laotian embassy to apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge