Are you planning a trip to Laos? Then one of the first things you must do is to check whether or not you are required to obtain a visa in advance. Fortunately, the visa policy of Laos is pretty lenient. All non-visa exempt nationalities are given the opportunity to apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, the online application process is as simple as it can be. If you want to learn more about the Laos eVisa, you should read the information we provided for you below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Argentina apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, the citizens of Argentina are among the nationalities that can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa will help you with the process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
The first things you have to do before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form is to make sure that you have at hand everything that is required for a successful operation. However, as you are about to find out, you do not need much. Here are the documents and information you need to put together:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on what choice you make. When you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you are given the possibility to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa provides three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The price of a Laos eVisa is directly related to the processing time you choose for your application. As a result, the costs are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
A Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
As soon as you arrive in Laos on a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. To be able to travel with a Laos eVisa, you have to enter the country through the border checkpoints listed below. Any other point of entry requires you to pay a visit to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge