In the process of planning your trip to Laos, one of the first things you need to accomplish is to do some research on the country’s visa policy. That way, you can find out if you need a visa in advance or not. But even if you do, you do not have to worry. Why? Because all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you in that department. Our online application process is short and simple. To find out more, please read the answers to some of the most common questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Australia apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, same as all non-visa exempt nationalities, the citizens of Australia can apply online for a Laos visa.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you are about to find out, the Laos eVisa is not a demanding document to obtain. You do not need much, and chances are that you already have some (if not all) of the necessary things. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. How is that possible? When you use iVisa’s services to apply for a Laos eVisa, you are given the opportunity to pick a processing time for your application. iVisa offers three options so that you can choose the one that serves you best. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 Business Days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 3 Business Days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is established by the processing time you pick for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your travel document, the more you are charged. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you must travel via the points of entry mentioned below. If you choose another point of entry, you are required to apply for a standard visa at the nearest Laotian embassy.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge