When you are planning a trip to Laos for tourism purposes, you may be required to obtain a visa in advance. According to Laos’s visa policy, there are 15 visa-exempt nationalities, but the rest of them can apply for a Laos eVisa online. iVisa can help you acquire an electronic visa with minimal effort. To learn more about the Laos eVisa and the process of obtaining it, you can read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Austria apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, like all the other nationalities, the citizens of Austria have access to a Laos visa online. iVisa can help you with the application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, you need to take care of the requirements. However, the list is quite short, and you may already have everything necessary for the application process. Here is what you need to have at hand when you apply:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on you. Applying for a Laos eVisa using the services provided by iVisa means that you get to pick the processing time of your application. iVisa came up with three options so that you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you are charged depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. The faster you want the processing to go, the more you must pay. Here are the prices:
- Standard –USD 54.34
- Rush – USD 54.34
- Super Rush – USD 54.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you hold a Laos eVisa, you are granted a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. A Laos eVisa is valid only if you travel via the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, you are required to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge