Planning a trip to a foreign country takes a lot of consideration, but when you are traveling to Laos, one of those considerations is a visa. After all, chances are that you are required to get one. However, the good news is that Laos’s visa policy allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a smooth and fast application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we invite you to read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Bahrain apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, Bahraini citizens have access to a Laos visa online, and iVisa can facilitate the application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
The first thing you have to do when you apply for a Laos visa is to check if you can meet all the requirements. Fortunately, you do not need much, and chances are that you already have everything necessary for the process. Here is what you must put together before you access the application page:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Not long. Plus, when you apply for a Laos eVisa with iVisa, you get to choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 72 hours
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is directly related to the processing time you choose for your application. The faster you want the processing to go, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The validity of a Laos eVisa is of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you travel on a Laos eVisa, you can remain in the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No, you cannot. When you obtain a Laos eVisa, you need to travel via the points of entry listed below. Any other point of entry requires you to pay a visit to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge