Do you plan on traveling to Laos for tourism purposes? Then you most likely need a visa. Only 15 nationalities are exempt. However, you will be pleased to find out that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you will experience a fast and stress-free online application process. You should read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below to learn more about the Laos eVisa. For more information, do not hesitate to contact our customer support.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Barbados apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes. Barbadian citizens, same as all the other nationalities, can apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help with the process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not long. Plus, the items on it are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is entirely up to you. The online application process of getting a Laos eVisa gives you the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can select the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your travel document to be ready, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
The costs above already include the service fees.
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity period of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa ensures a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
Once you arrive in Laos with a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. The Laos eVisa is valid only if you enter the country via the points of entry listed below. If you plan on entering Laos using another border checkpoint, you have to obtain a consular visa from the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge