When you are planning a trip to Laos, one of your first concerns should be regarding the visa. After all, chances are that you need one given the fact that only 15 nationalities are exempt. However, you will be happy to learn that all non-visa exempt nationalities have access to a Laos visa online. With iVisa, you will enjoy a simple and stress-free online application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa and the process of acquiring it, please read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Belgium apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, Belgian citizens can apply online for a Laos visa, same as all the other non-visa exempt nationalities. iVisa is here to help with the application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will see in just a second, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is not long. You should not have any difficulties in acquiring everything that is necessary. Plus, you may already have some of the things you need. Here is what you must put together before you access the application page:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing time of your application so that your Laos eVisa is ready precisely when you need it. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 72 hours
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you spend on your Laos eVisa is influenced by the processing time you select for your application. As you can imagine, the faster you want your travel document, the more you pay for it. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 84.34
- Rush – USD 104.34
- Super Rush – USD 124.34
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa is valid for 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you can stay in Laos for a period that cannot exceed 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No. To use a Laos eVisa, you need to enter Laos via the points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint will ask for a standard visa, which can only be acquired at a Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge