Whenever you decide to travel to Laos for tourism purposes, you are required to obtain a visa unless you are exempt. Even so, since only 15 nationalities are spared the effort, chances are that you do need a visa. Fortunately, the visa policy of Laos allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a visa online. iVisa ensures a smooth and stress-free online application process. To learn more about the Laos eVisa, we advise you to read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Belize apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, as a Belizean national, you are given the possibility to apply for a Laos visa online, iVisa puts its services at your disposal so that you can get the document with minimal effort.
What is necessary for the online application process?
Before you access the application page to fill in the form, you need to make sure that you meet the requirements. Even so, the list is not very long, and the items on it are usually easy to acquire. Plus, you may already have some of the necessary items. Here is what you need to put together:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
When you apply for a Laos eVisa using iVisa’s services, you are given the opportunity to choose the processing time of your application. You are provided with three options so that you can pick the one that is best for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 72 hours
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of your Laos eVisa is established by how fast you want your application to be processed. Needless to say, the sooner you want your travel document to be ready, the more you are charged. The prices, which already include the service fees, are as follows:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain inside the country for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
No, you cannot. To use a Laos eVisa, you need to enter the country through two specific border checkpoints, as listed below. If you plan on entering Laos through another point of entry, you have to obtain a standard visa issued by the Laotian embassy near you.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge