Are you traveling to Laos for tourism purposes in the near future? Then you should know that chances are that you need a visa before departure. The good news is, however, that Laos’s visa policy states that all non-visa exempt nationalities can apply for a visa online. If you use iVisa’s services, you will enjoy a short and stress-free online application process. To find out more about the Laos eVisa, we recommend that you read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions you can see below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Benin apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, Beninese citizens have the possibility to apply online for a Laos visa. iVisa facilitates that application process.
What is necessary for the online application process?
As you will see, the list of requirements for a Laos eVisa is quite short, and you may already have some of the items on it. Even if you do not, they are easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful online application process:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. When it comes to the processing time of your application, iVisa gives you three options. That way, you can receive your Laos eVisa exactly when you need it. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 10 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 8 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 6 days
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The cost of a Laos eVisa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your travel document to arrive, the more you will be charged. The prices below already include the service fees:
- Standard –USD 46.58
- Rush – USD 46.58
- Super Rush – USD 46.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa grants a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
When you travel on a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to remain inside the country for up to 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, no. When you hold a Laos eVisa, you must enter the country through the points of entry listed below. If you do not, you are required to hold a consular visa, which can only be obtained at the nearest Laotian diplomatic mission.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge