When you decide to take a trip to Laos for tourism purposes, one of your first concerns should be the visa. After all, chances are that you are required to obtain one in advance. Fortunately, Laos’s visa policy is pretty lenient, and it allows all non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for a Laos visa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. If you want to find out more details about the Laos eVisa, you can read the information we provided for you down below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Bhutan apply for a Laos visa online?
Yes, like all the other nationalities, the citizens of Bhutan have access to a Laos visa online. iVisa will help you every step of the way.
What is necessary for the online application process?
When you decide to apply for a Laos visa online, the first thing you have to do is to make sure that you meet the requirements. Even so, as you will see, the list is not very long, and the items on it are easy to acquire. Chances are that you already have what you need, which is as follows:
- Valid passport – before you apply for a Laos eVisa, make sure that your passport maintains its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Laos. The document must also have one blank page available for stamping.
- Passport photo – the picture must be taken recently and follow all the other guidelines for a valid passport photo.
- Travel itinerary
- Accommodation information – hotel booking confirmation, Airbnb, or any other details you may have about your accommodation
- E-mail address – once your application is processed, the Laos eVisa arrives via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before departure.
- Means of payment – when you use iVisa’s services, you can make the payment using a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat can be used too.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
When you apply for a Laos visa online, you are given a chance to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can go for the one that best serves your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is processed within 7 days
- Rush processing – you must wait 5 days
- Super Rush processing – your travel document is ready within 72 hours
How much does it cost to apply for a Laos visa online?
The amount you are charged for your Laos eVisa depends on which option you pick regarding the processing time of your application. The prices, which already include the service fees, are listed below:
- Standard –USD 76.58
- Rush – USD 96.58
- Super Rush – USD 116.58
How long is the Laos eVisa valid for?
The Laos eVisa has a validity of 60 days after issued since the date of issuance.
How many entries does a Laos eVisa offer?
The Laos eVisa covers a Single Entry.
What is the duration of stay of a Laos eVisa?
With a Laos eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Laos for no more than 30 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Laos eVisa at any point of entry?
Unfortunately, you cannot. To be able to use a Laos electronic visa, you need to enter the country through one of the two points of entry listed below. If you plan on entering Laos via another point of entry, you will have to go to the nearest Laotian embassy and apply for a consular visa.
- Wattay International Airport
- Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge